The health, well-being, and safety of our families served, donors, volunteers, and staff continues to be a major focus. We are monitoring the spread and impact of COVID-19 virus and following the advice of Federal, State and Local government health officials. We are safely balancing our duty to fulfill our mission while respecting the health and safety of our staff and those we serve.
Here are the latest updates regarding furniture donations:
1. We are continuing to schedule donation pick-ups in the community. Please request a pick-up or give us a call at 614-545-3838 to inquire. Outside pick-ups, where items can be placed on the porch or in a garage, are free. Inside pick-ups of 10 items or less have a $25 fee.
2. We are now offering disposal options to our furniture donors. If an item scheduled for donation pick-up does not meet our donation standards, we can dispose of it for you for a nominal fee. Call 614-545-3838 for more details.
3. We are accepting drop-off furniture donations at 118 S Yale Avenue on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday between 8:30 am and 3:30 pm.
4. Our Downsize with a Heart service is up and running, which offers clean-out, donation, and disposal services for large or longer jobs. Please email Rob Rankin or call (614) 545-3844 to learn more or schedule an appointment.
With regards to serving families:
5. We are continuing to provide furniture to local families by making selections on their behalf. Our client showroom will remain closed out of respect for client and staff safety. Clients will continue to be served in this manner until further notice, but we hope to have families return to our showroom in the months to come. Email Lisa or call 614-545-3839 if you have questions.
With regards to volunteers:
6. Volunteer opportunities are limited due to health and safety concerns. Currently, we offer group, partner, and individual opportunities in Columbus and Lancaster. We are currently in great need of volunteers who can help us sort household items. Please reach out to Galen to schedule a volunteer opportunity or learn more.
Volunteer safety measures are in place and strictly enforced. Temperature checks, masks, and social distancing are required of each volunteer. Please know that we will continue to adjust our opportunities as needed and we ask that you continue to monitor our website and social media for updates.
With regards to our thrift stores:
7. Our Furniture with a Heart Thrift Stores in Columbus and Lancaster are safely operating 7 days a week with masks required of customers and staff. Stop in to find affordable furniture, home goods, clothing, and more. Every purchase benefits the Furniture Bank and helps supply furniture to local families in need.
President of the Furniture Bank