We Can Help
Donate, Dispose, & Clean Out.
Downsize with a Heart offers a full-service solution to a wide variety of downsizing and decluttering needs. Our team has assisted hundreds of clients as they transition into smaller spaces or simply seek to get rid of unwanted belongings.
We Do It AllOur services can help you:
- Donate unneeded furniture, household items, clothing, and more
- Dispose damaged, worn, or non-functional items and trash
- Clean out garages, basements, storage units, and entire houses
- Reveal new, spacious living spaces free of mess & clutter!
Convenient. Affordable. Full Service.
Whether you are simply decluttering or need help before or after a move, our professionals can promptly get to you ready to remove, donate, & dispose of your items – all at an affordable hourly rate.
100% Of Proceeds Help Local Families In Need
Created right here within the Furniture Bank of Central Ohio, we saw a unique opportunity to build a sustainable business that benefits both the general public and the core mission of the Furniture Bank. 100% of the proceeds from our services are invested into the core mission of the Furniture Bank to help local families in need. Plus, qualifying furniture will also be donated to families around Columbus.
To learn more about the mission of the Furniture Bank, click here.
- Downsize with a Heart is a time-based service with an hourly rate. We offer donation, disposal, and clean-out services.
- We can remove virtually any item from your space, aside from chemicals, pianos, pool tables, and medical equipment.
- For major disposal jobs, an additional disposal fee may apply due to costs associated with using the landfill.
- If you have less than 10 items and are not in a crunch, consider scheduling a furniture pick-up through our regular routes.
- Still have questions? Click here to view common questions and answers about our services.
Request A Downsize Job
“We used Downsize with a Heart for my mother’s condo and couldn’t have been happier with their service. Unfortunately, she passed away in the middle of the downsizing process. Downsize with a Heart didn’t miss a beat. Everything was taken care of, kindly & respectfully. We were overwhelmed by the amount of work needed, but the guys took care of it with minimal stress on us.
We ended up using their donation, and recycling/trash services. The cost was extremely competitive, if not low, for all they did. And the best part, for me, was that someone in need will be able to use the donated items.
Thank you, guys, for all that you did!”
Yes! Downsize with a Heart is a social enterprise of the Furniture Bank and operates in the same building. We are a Furniture Bank service designed to help our neighbors with larger furniture donations or downsizing needs. With this service, the Furniture Bank can continue running its regular, daily donation pick-up routes for donors with less than 10 items.
The best part? All fees and qualifying furniture collected from Downsize with a Heart jobs come right back to the Furniture Bank, allowing more local families in poverty to receive a furnished, safe home!
Downsize with a Heart is a time-based service with a nominal hourly fee. This fee helps alleviate the extra time and truck space these larger jobs entail. For major disposal jobs, there is also an additional fee to take your items to the dump. All fees benefit the Furniture Bank’s mission to turn empty houses into furnished homes of hope for local families!
You do not have to pay a penny before the job is complete! Once we finish your job, we will send you a final invoice based on the time of the job and any disposal fees, as well as an itemized tax receipt for your furniture donations. Then, pay however you like! Checks, cash, credit/debit card are all accepted.
Looking to pay your Downsize with a Heart invoice? Click here!
Once you fill out a request form, we will call you or email you within 3 business days. After a few final questions and details finalized, we can usually schedule a job within a week!